Cover Art & Graphics Design Agreements
By contacting LKJ Books regarding one of our services, you state that you have read and will agree by the following--as relevant to the service you are purchasing.
Contact Mia: email@example.com
Cover Art & Graphics
- Client will abide by the licensing agreement on any stock photo used in the creation of your cover art or promotional graphics. These photos are purchased from third-party vendors with their own terms separate of LKJ Books. Each photo is purchased at the standard license. If the client sells more than 500,000 copies of any format of the book (print, digital, audio), then the client is required to purchase an extended license on the stock photos used. Pricing varies for extended licenses, but is generally around $100. An extended license is also required for printing on non-cover items for sale.
- Client will otherwise receive exclusive license to use the final cover art design upon receipt of full payment. Any stock photos used are still the copyright property of their photographers/creators. LKJ Books is still the owner of the copyright on the drafts and final designs. As such, we reserve the right to use them in any promotional or marketing matter related to LKJ Books.
- It is the client's responsibility to maintain the necessary licensing and contact LKJ Books if an extended license purchase is required. LKJ Books assumes no responsibility if the client fails to do so.
- Any materials for use in the cover that are supplied by the client are the client's responsibility in terms of intellectual property rights. LKJ Books assumes no responsibility of these materials in any dispute that could arise.
- The client assumes responsibility for the proofing of their book cover design, digital and printed. We strongly recommend that you order a physical proof copy of any book for print before publishing or ordering copies for giveaway or sale. LKJ Books does not assume legal responsibility or financial accountability for any problems or expenses incurred by the client as a result of using the book cover design.
- LKJ Books will not be held liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenue or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to our services. LKJ Books is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients' written documents, including without limitation as a result of breach of these terms and conditions.
- LKJ Books reserves the right to post images of the final versions of any cover art or graphics is creates on its website and any relevant promotional materials.
- By contacting us, you are accepting these terms and conditions without the need for a signed document.